Love and Care
Illnesses that are 'rare' and treated 'valuably'
Our center pursues constant study and development.
Starting with the hosting of Rare Disease Research Team in 2008, Seoul National University has been carrying out numerous programs such as Rare Disease Research Center Project,
Genetic Diagnosis Program, Undiagnosed Patient Program and others. Recently,
it has been designated as “Coordinating center for rare disease” by K-CDC and has been improving the quality of medical service for rare disease program with 11 regional hub centers.
- Extensive clinical experience
- Highly skilled medical staffs
- Accurate diagnosis and treatment technology
- National Rare Disease Research Center
A disease that less than 20,000 people in Korea have
A disease that has unknown prevalence rate due to the difficulty of diagnosis
An extremely rare disease: A disease that less than 200 people have
SNUH Rare Disease Center
Operation of a Regional Base Center Hubs
- Organizing and operating a consultative body
- Supporting network operations
- Cooperative activities
Development and Propagation of Educational Contents
- Development and distribution of education manuals
- Preparation of certification / transmission systems
- Quality management in education
Support in Planning Research on Rare Diseases
- Specialized rare disease and clinical research
- Basic research, capacity identification, and publication into database
- Research in standard guidelines
Designation and Operation Support of Specialized Institutions
- Rare Disease Center
- Statistics and human resources training support
- Development and implementation of survey tools
With top-notch expert medical staff and medical systems we operate over adult-specific rare disease clinics and 38 pediatric rare disease clinics for systematic treatment.
With top-notch expert medical staff and medical systems we operate 40 adult-specific rare disease clinics and 38 pediatric rare disease clinics for systematic treatment.